Sycos ARINC 429 PMC Transmitter module offers the user up to 32 Transmitter channels
on a single width PMC module.
Each channel is supported with a pair of Cyclic-Data-Buffers each of which are 1k
deep and 32bits wide. One for data words and one for 16-bit transmit time gap words.
Deeper buffers are available as an option.
ARINC Input/Output is via a 68 pin SCSI connector on the PMC module faceplate. External
Clock and Sync inputs are from the PMC I/O connector. Provision is made for a Connector
Identification Code to be read from the connector.
ARINC 575 is software selectable per channel.
Firmware options are available to enhance the functionality of the product to realise
an extremely sophisticated simulation and testing facility. Refer to the product
data sheet for details.
Other PMC modules supporting ARINC-575 and the six wire buses of ARINC-561, 568,
571 and 582 are available.
The module provides configuration registers which allow the host to:
- Automatically identify the module and its revision status
- Identify connector cables connected to the card
- Assign address space for the card's data buffer memory and registers. (Plug-in
- Control and monitor the PCI bus interface to the card
- Read module interrupt configuration as assigned by the POST software as it initialises
and configures the system
Additional features designed into the module are:
- Independent Cyclic-Data-Buffer per channel, each with a capacity for 1k x 4 byte
- Direct access to the Cyclic Data Buffer Read / Write Pointers
- PCI interrupts on Module Events
- Direct access to Module registers and application memory
- Interface compatible with PCI Local bus Specification, revision 2.1, June 1995
The PMC module is designed to be used in a "Plug-in and Play" environment which is
made possible, not only by the choice of PCI interface, but also by the provision
of various identification and module present registers. These include:
- Device ID
- Vendor ID
- Subsystem ID
- Subsystem Vendor ID
- Connector ID / Present
- Module ID
Using these registers the host can detect the module presence, determine if this
is consistent with system requirements and respond accordingly by configuring the
system or reporting system deficiencies.
• Arinc-429 compatible
• Choice of 8,16, 24 qnd 32 channel modules
• Direct access to Cyclic Data Buffer Read/Write Pointers
• 1k deep 4byte wide Cyclic Data Buffer per channel
• PCI interrupts on Module Events
• Direct access to Module Registers and Application Memory
• Windows XX drivers and software tools
• Arinc Input/Output via 68 pin SCSI on faceplate
• External Clock and Sync inputs from PMC I/O connector
• Interface compatible with 32bit PCI 2.1, June 1995
• Other modules for supporting:
• Arinc-561, 568, 571, 582 (6-wire bus)
• Arinc-575, 582 (2-wire bus)
• Conduction Cooled Variant available