- Conduction Cooled.
- ARINC 429 compatible.
- Choice of 8, 16, 24 and 32 channel modules.
- Direct access to Cyclic Data Buffer Read / Write Pointers.
- 1k deep 4byte wide Cyclic-Data- Buffer per channel.
- 1k deep 32-bit Time-stamp Cyclic- Data-Buffer per channel.
- Rx Data & Time-stamp buffers user selectable to be Cyclic or Current Value
Table organised by Channel, SDI and Label
- PCI interrupts on Module Events.
- Direct access to Module Registers and Application Memory.
- Firmware option for Tx error insertion and Rx error reporting.
- Windows XX drivers and software tools.
- VxWorks drivers and software tools.
- ARINC Input/Output via backplane and also via 68 pin SCSI on the faceplate.
- Interface compatible with 32bit PCI Local bus Specification, revision 2.1, June
- Other modules are available for supporting:
- ARINC-571, 573, 575, 582 (2- wire)
- ARINC-561, 568, 571, 582 (6- wire)
Sycos ARINC 429 PMC Transmitter/Receiver module offers the user up to 16 Transmitter
and 16 Receiver channels on a single width PMC module. This Conduction Cooled module
is built using industrial grade components throughout.
Each channel is supported with a Cyclic-Data-Buffer which is 1k deep and 32bits wide.
Deeper buffers are available as an option.
ARINC Input/Output is via the backplane and also via a 68 pin SCSI connector on the
PMC module faceplate. Provision is made for a Connector Identification Code to be
read from the connector.
ARINC 575 is software selectable per channel.
Firmware options are available to enhance the functionality of the product to realise
an extremely sophisticated simulation and testing facility. Refer to the product
data sheet for details.
Other PMC modules supporting ARINC-575 and the six wire buses of ARINC-561, 568,
571 and 582 are available.
The module provides configuration registers which allow the host to:
- Automatically identify the module and its revision status
- Identify connector cables connected to the card
- Assign address space for the card's data buffer memory and registers. (Plug-in
- Control and monitor the PCI bus interface to the card
- Read module interrupt configuration as assigned by the POST software as it initialises
and configures the system
Additional features designed into the module are:
- Independent Cyclic-Data-Buffer per channel, each with a capacity for 1k x 4 byte
- Direct access to the Cyclic Data Buffer Read / Write Pointers
- PCI interrupts on Module Events
- Direct access to Module registers and application memory
- Interface compatible with PCI Local bus Specification, revision 2.1, June 1995
The PMC module is designed to be used in a "Plug-in and Play" environment which is
made possible, not only by the choice of PCI interface, but also by the provision
of various identification and module present registers. These include:
- Device ID
- Vendor ID
- Subsystem ID
- Subsystem Vendor ID
- Connector ID / Present
- Module ID
Using these registers the host can detect the module presence, determine if this
is consistent with system requirements and respond accordingly by configuring the
system or reporting system deficiencies.