Sycos ARINC 429 PrPMC Transmitter module offers the user up to 32 Transmitter channels
on a single width PMC module, supported by a PowerQUICC III MPC8548E PowerPC system
with 2GB DDR2 memory, two pages of 32MB NOR Flash, two Gigabit Ethernet and two RS232
ports and Real Time Clock.
Each channel is supported with a Cyclic-Data-Buffer which is 1k deep and 32bits wide.
Deeper buffers are available as an option.
ARINC Input/Output is via a 68 pin SCSI connector on the PMC module faceplate. Provision
is made for a Connector Identification Code to be read from the connector.
ARINC 575 is software selectable per channel.
Firmware options are available to enhance the functionality of the product to realise
an extremely sophisticated simulation and testing facility. Refer to the product
data sheet for details.
Other PMC modules supporting ARINC-575 and the six wire buses of ARINC-561, 568,
571 and 582 are available.
The module provides configuration registers which allow the host to:
- Automatically identify the module and its revision status
- Identify connector cables connected to the card
- Assign address space for the card's data buffer memory and registers. (Plug-in
- Control and monitor the PCI bus interface to the card
- Read module interrupt configuration as assigned by the POST software as it initialises
and configures the system
Additional features designed into the module are:
- Independent Cyclic-Data-Buffer per channel, each with a capacity for 1k x 4 byte
- Direct access to the Cyclic Data Buffer Read / Write Pointers
- PCI interrupts on Module Events
- Direct access to Module registers and application memory
- Interface compatible with PCI Local bus Specification, revision 2.1, June 1995
The PMC module is designed to be used in a "Plug-in and Play" environment which is
made possible, not only by the choice of PCI interface, but also by the provision
of various identification and module present registers. These include:
- Device ID
- Vendor ID
- Subsystem ID
- Subsystem Vendor ID
- Connector ID / Present
- Module ID
Using these registers the host can detect the module presence, determine if this
is consistent with system requirements and respond accordingly by configuring the
system or reporting system deficiencies.
- Embedded PowerPC e500v2 core
- Two Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Two RS232 Ports
- 2 GBytes DDR2 SDRAM
- 64MBytes NOR Flash
- Real Time Clock
- External Clock and Sync Inputs
- Up to 32 Arinc-429 Transmitters
- Transmit Word Gap Control
- Transmit Word Length Control
- Backwards compatible with earlier model
- Windows XX drivers and software tools
- VxWorks v6.8 Board Support Package
- VxWorks drivers and software tools
- PCI Carrier card for peripheral support
- Intelligent VME Carrier with two PMC Sites
- PIM & Transition Module available